|Photo courtesy of|
Here are the five blogs I've chosen to shine a Spotlight On for the month of March:
1. Confessions of a Cluttered Mind, author Debbie Lamedman. Debbie is a playwright and fellow freelance writer, so I feel a common bond with her! She writes about the vagaries of life, the unexpected moments that give joy, the frustrations and challenges of being a full-time writer, and she does it all with a healthy dose of realistic, practical humor that I find greatly entertaining. Give her a visit - she'll take you with her to discover plays, to rediscover the joy of the outdoors, and also to explore her own unique perspective of Life.
2. JP Brandano, Florida Wedding Photographer, authors Jim & Phyllis Brandano. Jim and I have become fans of one another in the past couple of months, finding one another through Authentic Blogger and a couple of other blogging groups. If you think "wedding photographer" is a limiting label, do your eyes and heart a favor and visit this blog. You'll find yourself captivated by some of the most beautiful photography that turns traditional wedding perspective on its ear in the best way possible! You'll also be given the extra delightful reward of Jim's writing; I never visit without have a deep sigh from the heart (several) because of the beautiful images, and I also never leave without laughing many times at his wonderful, dry sense of humor. He's one of my favorites & I think you'll enjoy him also.
3. Pure and Simple, author Debra El Ramey. I liken Debra to the sensation you get from sitting close to a warm, cozy fire. She radiates a genuine sense of caring and kindness, coupled with a direct, no nonsense, let's-get-to-the-thick-of-things type of energy. She is an accomplished writer who shares her thoughts on a wide range of topics, and best of all, she is what I consider the epitome of an Authentic Blogger. She takes time to read your blog content & leaves some of the most profound comments. I am greatly enjoying getting to know this lovely spirit.
4. Live in the moment Laugh always Breathe with awareness/YogaSavy, author YogaSavy Savira. Savira is a dear friend that recently relocated back to India to pursue her yoga bliss. She writes about all the facets and health benefits of yoga, as well as her own experiences in a deeply personal, yet engaging manner. I have always been drawn to the esoteric concepts and energies inherent to the practice of yoga, but I admit I am not as dedicated as Savira. She lives the truth of yoga in a fashion that I find admirable and I learn so much from her. She is another strong Authentic Blogger who interacts with her blogging friends in such a way that the miles between both locations evaporate. I call her a dear friend of my heart & hope you'll visit her blog.
5. Dave's Buttoned-Up Mind, author Dave Roy. Don't let the blog title fool you into expecting an uptight, narrow, rigid mentality. Far from it! Dave is one of those undiscovered (at least on a widespread level) should-be-famous-for-his-satire people. He's one of those people who can write about all manner of tech-ish topics, he reviews all sorts of computer games, he is currently doggedly pursuing the One Hit Wonders of the first decade of this century, and he also finds time to write on random topics that never fail to spark animated discussion. Hilarity is a common theme of his writing, or at least it's the result I experience when I visit. His humor is priceless and I always value friends who can make me laugh each time we interact. Dave is also one of our admins over at Authentic Blogger and helps keep me sane when things get crazy there.
To each author Spotlighted this month, remember to share and re-post this link on your Facebook and Twitter walls! The whole purpose of this series is to help each Spotlighted blog grow in readership, so pay it forward as much as you can. Each of you are talented writers and I hope this Spotlight helps you grow. As I said in my intro paragraph, if you are interested in having your blog in a future Spotlight On post, shoot me an email via Facebook, make sure you have complied with my criteria list, and stay tuned! You could be one of the next five authors Spotlighted!